The Hopkids welcome you!

Welcome to our family blog! The Hopkids are made up of our two daughters Delaney and Lila, and our son Christopher (see ages below), who keep us on our toes every day and fill our lives with joy and laughter. We are so blessed to have three happy and healthy kids, and we hope that you enjoy reading about their everyday adventures!

Fun at Morton Arboretum ~ Fall 2010

Fun at Morton Arboretum ~ Fall 2010

Thursday, February 7, 2013

fun at red oak nature center nov 2012

It's been over a year since I've written, but 2013 is the year I'd like to get back on track.  Amazingly, one of the hard parts about documenting our family's life is that every time I write, I realize that sweet moment...that sweet event...is over.  And despite the joy of documenting such a wonderful time together, it also becomes bitter sweet in some ways.  Because I know someday I'll look back on that entry and realize how fast my babies are growing up, moving further away from being babies and closer to being full fledged grownups.  And that is a part of life, something that is inevitable.  And also something that won't happen overnight.  So I need to cherish each moment, and yet look forward to each stage of our lives (yes, even their teen years) with optimism and hope.  Every day that we can spend together is a blessing. 
 
This wonderful picture of my two girls is a symbol of that--looking to the future with faith and hope and promise!  And lots and lots of joy! 
 

No comments: