The Hopkids welcome you!

Welcome to our family blog! The Hopkids are made up of our two daughters Delaney and Lila, and our son Christopher (see ages below), who keep us on our toes every day and fill our lives with joy and laughter. We are so blessed to have three happy and healthy kids, and we hope that you enjoy reading about their everyday adventures!

Fun at Morton Arboretum ~ Fall 2010

Fun at Morton Arboretum ~ Fall 2010

Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Two sisters snuggling, May 2010


Be still my heart!   I was just cleaning out my Google Inbox (which I had never done!).  I had opened this email account in 2010, almost 11 years ago.  Didn't use it much until this year.  I found a message from Brian that he sent and I never opened, because I didn't use my GMail account in those days.  I opened the message....... and this is what popped up!   


This was sent in May 2010.  Lila would have been about 2, and Delaney would have been 4 years old.  Brian obviously snuck in and took it, then shared it with me.   This is at our old house on 360 Sunset, in their attic bedroom upstairs in the tiny wooden toddler bed that they all used at some point.   

Some things that I notice and love.....Delaney has her favorite Dora nightgown on that she wore for years and years......she is surrounded by teddy bears which she has always kept near her at night and she has always loved....Lila is sleeping right on top of her big sis and nobody even seems to notice or care.....and there is a picture book off to the side which Delaney must have been reading to Lila before they fell asleep.

Sweet moments, precious memories.   So very glad I came upon this.  I don't have any other pictures like this one that I can ever remember taking.   💕

No comments: