We've always loved pumpkin farms over the years.....Kuiper's Farm, Abbey's Farm...and one of our favorites, Windy Acres Pumpkin Farm in Geneva. In Fall 2016, I took the kids one day after school because the weather was perfect and I knew I was running out of time. What kind of time? The kind of time where the kids will run and play and jump around and not complain that it's "Boring" or "I don't want to be here". That magical age where everything is new and fun and even though we went last year it's still cool and I just want to be here and make the most of all the wonderful things to do! We had fun, the four of us. We stayed until the sunset and then we left because it got a little too chilly. There were a few moments of arguing when the family photo was taken on the giant pumpkin squash mountain, and when somebody wouldn't move in the giant tire so somebody else could get inside. But overall, we had a magical afternoon and I knew in my gut it was probably our last one. Where everybody still enjoyed the magic of childhood and pumpkins and seesaws and rolling tires and magical fall days. They won't stay little forever. But these sweet memories will last a little longer.
The Hopkids welcome you!
Welcome to our family blog! The Hopkids are made up of our two daughters Delaney and Lila, and our son Christopher (see ages below), who keep us on our toes every day and fill our lives with joy and laughter. We are so blessed to have three happy and healthy kids, and we hope that you enjoy reading about their everyday adventures!
Fun at Morton Arboretum ~ Fall 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Jarvis Beach in Rogers Park, Chicago. This will always be a very special place for me. The Hopkins grew up a few blocks from this beach f...
-
This popped up on Facebook Memories a few weeks ago. This is the after school program at Share and Care that Topher and the girls attend...
-
This was taken on Mother's Day at a park in Aurora after we went with Grandma and Grandpa to go see the movie "Babies" for Mot...
No comments:
Post a Comment